CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skill-sets and experience that relate to this role.
This is an entry-level purchasing role that is perfect for individuals with exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills. CFS is building a world-class procurement organization and will train and mentor the right candidate.
This team member will:
- Create error-free purchase orders up to authorized limits for raw materials, parts, subassemblies, finished goods, equipment, tooling, supplies, and/or services from suppliers in support of internal customer requirements
- Review and negotiate standard contract terms, coordinate with legal counsel where necessary to finalize contracts and statements of work
- Identify the best value supplier by issuing requests for quote and analyzing responses from suppliers
- Set up terms and accounts with new suppliers and complete data entry necessary to on-board the supplier into CFS systems
- Act as the company credit card program administrator and manage monthly reconciliation activities
- Review and manage open orders with suppliers to ensure product arrives as expected
- Resolve invoice issues and ensure that vendors are paid on time
- Adhere to all supply chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials, intellectual property, and export compliance
- Purchase from both MRP and project/purchase requests under departmental guidelines
- Provide constant, clear, and timely updates to internal customers
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Certifications preferred: A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM
- Previous experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Previous sourcing or procurement experience
- Knowledge and understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Experience with financial & procurement control systems or cost accounting structures
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.