CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
is seeking a person to manage engineering information systems. In this role, the successful candidate will support developing and implementing the engineering processes and configuration management by integrating CAD, PLM, and CAE tools.
This team member will:
- Be the expert on Engineering Configuration Control systems and business processes
- Work cross-functionally with managers and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with SPARC Design Manager, Head of Systems Engineering and Design Integration, Head of Procurement, and hardware engineering teams to manage the day-to-day functional requirements of the PLM system including process enforcement, administrative support, technical support, and training.
- Lead the selected PLM implementation and recommend modifications aligned with best practice configurations and the business processes of a growing start up
- Create and manage configuration rules and BOM (Bill of Materials) structure standards.
- Assist in creation of BOM's part numbers and archive related documentation.
- Support management of PLM and SaaS user administration and assignment of roles/access levels.
- Draft work instructions and lead associated training classes and workshops
- Work on multiple projects, simultaneously
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Must be capable of prioritizing workload and coordinating with people to ensure timely release of critical documents.
- Ability to collaborate closely with other functional areas and drive key executive decisions related to PLM and SaaS administration.
- Hands on experience managing PLM, preferably in Teamcenter.
- Work experience on purchase to pay SaaS applications and activity stream.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in PLM work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
- Experience with working in QA programs and how they apply to the PLM software.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts and respond positively to situations.
- Good verbal/written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and handle frequent interruptions.
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Familiarity with larger, complex Plant system integration in a PLM
- Experience with PLM across the broader application of engineering, procurement, and construction aspects.
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.